Annual San Antonio Artists Exhibition and the Onderdonk Prize:
Each year the San Antonio Art League Museum sponsors a juried Exhibition. This annual San Antonio Artists Exhibition grew out of the fabled Edgar B. Davis Competitions of the late 1920s. Now in their 89th year, the Annual San Antonio Artists Competitions are juried events and the purchase prizes will add to the permanent collection of the San Antonio Art League Museum .
List of Onderdonk Winners
INFORMATION AND PROSPECTUS:
89th Annual Artists Exhibition
April 14th to June 2nd, 2019
New Awards Added
ABOUT THE JUROR, STEPHANIE FOX KNAPPE
In-Person Artwork Entry: February 15th and February 16th, 2019
More than $12,000 total monetary awards and honorary recognition will be available
- All SAAL&M members and non-members with established current residence in the State of Texas including armed forces personnel stationed in Texas.
- Non-Texas resident SAAL&M members who have been members for 3 consecutive years or more.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older
All media are acceptable except jewelry and video.
Computer enhanced photography will be considered and must be designated as such. Outdoor (Yard) Sculptures may be entered with dimension and images of sculpture taken at three (3) different viewing angles.
METHODS OF ENTRIES:
- DIGITAL ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED.
- Delivery of ready-to-exhibit physical artworks to SAAL&M in San Antonio.
- Each entry option will have equal number of accepted artworks
- Monetary awards and honorary recognitions will be based on accepted physical artwork of both options delivered to SAAL&M
CLOSED - Entry Option A (on-line image submission)-
- Application fee: $35.00 for up to three (3) artworks payable at SAAL&M website (www.saalm.org)
- Accepted artwork must be delivered to SAAL&M with return shipping, if applicable, at own expenses.
- Up to three (3) artworks. Non-member: $10.00 per artwork. Members: first artwork free and $10.00 for each of two (2) additional artworks. All fees are due at delivery of artwork.
- To receive one free entry you may become a member when you deliver your work(s). Annual dues are $35.00, and renewable on June 1st of each year.
- All the entries must follow the time lines provided.
- Image submission must follow the guidelines at SAAL&M Website
- To be juried, entries must be:
Not awarded in the previous SAAL&M juried exhibitions
Not completed under instruction or in direct association with a class or workshop
Ready for display – dried, physically stable, suitably framed and wired
4. Two-dimensional artwork may not exceed 50 inches in width or 72 inches in height, including frame.
Indoor three-dimensional works for may not exceed 72” X 50” X 30”or weigh more than 150 pounds.
Outdoor Sculpture must fit on pads in SAAL&M’s Sculpture Garden. NO EXCEPTION.
5. Use the tags of this prospectus on the back of artwork for submitting the physical artwork
6. NO ARTWORK MAY BE PICKED UP BY ARTIST OR PURCHASER UNTIL EXHIBITION IS CONCLUDED
7. The Art League reserves the right to restrict entries, if necessary, in the interest of safety and ability to handle.
All artwork exhibited must be priced available for sale. SAAL&M requests a donation of 40% of the sale price.
- All unsold artwork must be picked up by schedule dates. They will not be held in climate-controlled storage after schedule date.
- SAAL&M will not be responsible for loss or damage to any work of art submitted, and all works are submitted and received subject to this condition. All possible care will be used in handling entries.
Hardcopy of prospectus can be requested by e-mailing us at SAALM@SAALM.ORG.
November 15th, 2018 to January 15th, 2019
Option A: On-line entry submission
January 16th to 25th, 2019
Jury of on-line submission for acceptance
January 26th, 2019
Notification and directions of delivery of accepted on-line submissions
January 27th to February 16th, 2019 (Shipping)
Option A: Delivery of accepted artwork to
130 King William,
San Antonio, TX78204
Friday, February 15th, 2019, 11 am to 4 pm (In-Person Delivery)
Saturday, February 16th, 2019, 12 to 6 pm (In-Person Delivery)
Friday, February 15th, 2019, 11 am to 4 pm
Saturday, February 16th, 2019, 12 to 6 pm
Option B: Physical artwork submissions (In-Person) at
130 King William,
San Antonio, TX 78204
Sunday, February 17th, 2019
Saturday, February 23rd, 2019, 10 am to 3 pm
Sunday, February 24th, 2019, 1 to 4pm
Declined artworks pick-up
Sunday, April 14th, 2019. Reception at 3 to 5 pm
Exhibition Opens (Award Ceremony)
Sunday, June 2nd, 2019
Sunday, June 2nd, 2019, 5 to 6 pm
Monday, June 3rd, 2019, 1 to 4 pm
Tuesday, June 4th, 2019, 1 to 4 pm
Unsold artworks pick-up or return shipping